We wish you health and safety during this time. We at Advanced Assembly are monitoring the coronavirus, COVID-19, carefully and updating our policies and procedures in accordance with CDC guidelines. In response to the evolving situation, we’ve instituted broad testing and quarantine protocols to support those who are on-site at our factories and limit the impact on our production capabilities.
We know your PCB projects are vital to your company’s success. New products, prototypes, and R&D projects are more important than ever during times of economic fluctuation. Please be assured that if you have a PCB manufacturing project started or planned with Advanced Assembly, we will get them done as fast as possible. We are all in this together and will work to accommodate everyone’s changing situations.
Electronics manufacturers are being told by their suppliers to expect delays of 3 weeks on average as a result of Covid-19 (IPC, Feb. 2020). While the full impact has yet to be felt, here are a few initial ways we are responding to avoid severe supply disruptions and how you can help:
- Multiple Parts Suppliers. Advanced Assembly has strong relationships with top-tier manufacturers such as Digi-Key, Mouser & Newark. We are working directly with these suppliers to access currently available stock.
- Stock Inventory. While we do not hold inventory, our suppliers have started to see a slight impact on availability. In response, they have heavily stocked up to continue to meet customer needs.
- US-based Bare Board Supplier. Advanced Assembly owns a US-based PCB fabrication shop. Unique access to direct bare board supply gives our customers priority and helps keep turnkey orders on track.
- Pricing. Some industry analysts have predicted a rise in component prices. While we have not seen that yet, we will quickly communicate any changes as they happen.
- Plan Ahead. The sooner we can look for parts and/or boards and schedule PCB assembly, the better. We encourage you to send project files as soon as possible so we are can begin assembly immediately once the design is verified and the order is ready to go.
Our leadership is staying closely connected and working hard to ensure we are prepared for the coming weeks. If you have questions for us, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We remain committed to clear, impactful communication through this unprecedented pandemic.
Founder & CEO, Advanced Assembly